Please see the attached document from the Town’s marine patrol service, Mercer Island Marine Patrol, about reminders for the upcoming boating season.
- Wear lifejackets;
- THREE people on the boat for water sports (driver, spotter and the one having fun in the water);
- Refresh your knowledge with your water craft; and
- Current Vessel Registration – ALL vessel registrations expire on June 30.
Washington Boater Education Card: https://parks.state.wa.us/
- Required if born after January 1st, 1955, operating a vessel with a 15-horsepower (or greater) motor, or 12 years of age or older. Reciprocity with other states for visiting boaters. Must have it with you while boating. Just like a driver’s license on land.
- EMERGENCIES: 911 on your cell phone. Will work well in the greater Puget Sound region. Be ready to identify where you are, your address, the name of the facility, landmarks, etc. so others can find you. If you have a GPS on your boat/chart plotter/cell phone, be ready to give your Lat/Lon if needed. Give specific identifiers.
Questions or to request an Adventures in Boating Handbook:
- Please reach out to Sgt. Schumacher at Chad.Schumacher@mercergov.org or call 206-275-7953.