Current Town Initiatives
91st / NE 42nd Stormwater Upsizing & Underground Utility Conversion Project
City of Bellevue Water and Sewer Divisions and the Town of Yarrow Point will be completing major improvement projects in the following areas in 2020:
- NE 42nd St: 92nd Ave NE west to Lake Washington; and
- 91st Ave NE: NE 42nd Street north to 92nd Ave NE
City of Bellevue's project began June 21, 2020 and is expected to last 6-weeks at which time the Town of Yarrow Point will complete a stormwater upsizing project on NE 42nd Street as well as an overhead to underground utility project for power, phone, and cable on both NE 42nd Street and 91st Avenue NE.
During Construction there will be significant impact to the town right-of-way. These impact are likely to include:
- Water main installation and new service connections;
- NE 42nd Street Beach - Sanitary sewer pump station retrofit operations; irrigation system installation; and improvements to outfall
- Existing vegetation removal/ replacements/ modifications to install underground vaults, handholes, pedestals, etc. in the Town Right-of-Way;
- Driveway cuts, full removal, and/or replacement;
- Pavement patching - trench (temporary and permanent patching);
- Minor traffic delays and/ or detours;
- Water service interruptions
- Construction noise during work hours (M-F 7:00AM-6:00PM, Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm).
The design plans can be viewed here: NE 42nd St 91st Ave NE Stormwater & UGC Project
August 11, 2020 PROJECT TIMELINE UPDATE
The first water main shutdown and tie-in is scheduled for 8/13. After that, the crew will be full time until they are complete. Note there are also shut downs scheduled for Tuesday 8/25 and Thursday 8/27. Letters and tags will be going out to affected residents.
The City of Bellevue noted they are trying to be finished before the Labor Day weekend.
Town Entry Landscaping Improvement Project - 92nd Ave NE.
The Park Commission worked with JGM Landscape Architects beginning February 2019 to design landscaping improvements to the east side shoulder of 92nd Ave NE near the town entry wall.
After finalizing their plans, Town staff then bid the project out using the MRSC Small Work Roster on January 29, 2020.
Council reviewed the bids at the March 10, 2020 regular meeting. The Council decided to phase the project into the following three steps:
Phase 1 - Concrete work & pedestrian safety improvements.
Phase 2 - Landscaping improvements.
Phase 3 - Utility box camouflage graphic wrapping.
At the May 12, 2020 Council meeting, the Council approved a bid from Iron Creek Construction LLC to complete Phase 1.
Iron Creek Construction will be onsite performing work the week of June 8, 2020.
Automated License Plate Reader Cameras
Council has approved the purchase of two automatic license plate reader cameras for a trial basis. A policy was approved by Council at the May 12, 2020 Council meeting. A public outreach program will be implemented. The cameras were installed June 5, 2020.
Trees on Private Property
The Planning Commission is discussing the policies surrounding trees on private property. There are currently no regulations pertaining to private trees. The Town is studying the issue and is evaluating options including, but not limited to educational outreach, mitigation measures, and tree regulations.