Current Town Initiatives
91st / NE 42nd Stormwater Upsizing & Underground Utility Conversion Project
The Town of Yarrow Point will complete an overhead to underground utility project for power, phone, and cable on both NE 42nd Street and 91st Avenue NE.
City of Bellevue completed the stormwater upsizing project in summer of 2020.
The Town of Yarrow Point received ten (10) separate bids by the deadline for the underground utility conversion portion. The certified bid results were also posted to the town website at: https://yarrowpointwa.gov/2020/10/certified-bid-results-ne-42nd-st-91st-ave-ne-stormwater-ugc-project/
The project was awarded to the low bidder, PGH Excavating, Inc, during the October 13, 2020, Council meeting.
We are anticipating a Notice to Proceed of January 11th, 2021. The contract allows 135 working days to final
completion; meaning the contractor has until July 22nd, 2021, to complete the project if no weather delays are allowed.
During Construction there will be significant impact to the town right-of-way. These impact are likely to include:
- Water main installation and new service connections;
- NE 42nd Street Beach - Sanitary sewer pump station retrofit operations; irrigation system installation; and improvements to outfall
- Existing vegetation removal/ replacements/ modifications to install underground vaults, handholes, pedestals, etc. in the Town Right-of-Way;
- Driveway cuts, full removal, and/or replacement;
- Pavement patching - trench (temporary and permanent patching);
- Minor traffic delays and/ or detours;
- Water service interruptions
- Construction noise during work hours (M-F 7:00AM-6:00PM, Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm).
The design plans can be viewed here (updated September 2020):
Town Entry Landscaping Improvement Project - 92nd Ave NE.
The Park Commission worked with JGM Landscape Architects beginning February 2019 to design landscaping improvements to the east side shoulder of 92nd Ave NE near the town entry wall.
After finalizing their plans, Town staff then bid the project out using the MRSC Small Work Roster on January 29, 2020.
Council reviewed the bids at the March 10, 2020 regular meeting. The Council decided to phase the project into the following three steps:
Phase 1 - Concrete work & pedestrian safety improvements.
Phase 2 - Landscaping improvements.
Phase 3 - Utility box camouflage graphic wrapping.
At the May 12, 2020 Council meeting, the Council approved a bid from Iron Creek Construction LLC to complete Phase 1.
Iron Creek Construction will be onsite performing work the week of June 8, 2020.
Trees on Private Property
The Planning Commission is discussing the policies surrounding trees on private property. There are currently no regulations pertaining to private trees. The Town is studying the issue and is evaluating options including, but not limited to educational outreach, mitigation measures, and tree regulations.